Churches, as monuments of the religious and historical life of the regions
Churches, as monuments of the religious and historical life of the regions, play a significant role in the cultural life of Europe due to their material and ideological heritage. The preservation and promotion of such sites becomes an extremely powerful stimulus for the promotion and development of regions where there is no significant economic potential and which survive mainly through tourism and services.
It is for this purpose that a cross-border partnership was launched to implement a joint Ukrainian-Hungarian project called "Development of religious and cultural heritage and tourism in Nyíregyháza and Berehove" with the financial support of the European Union. The project is co-financed through the European Neighborhood Instrument under the Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine Cross-Border Cooperation Program 2014-2020.
Alongside with the implementation of emergency restoration works at the Church of the Exaltation of the Cross in Berehove, the project also aims at implementing a range of tourist and organizational measures to turn the Berehovo Church, an architectural monument of national importance and one of the oldest stone buildings in Zakarpattya, into an important religious, cultural and tourist center.
The project implementation period is 24 months, lasting from June 2020 to May 2022.
The project partners involved are the Roman Catholic religious communities of Nyíregyháza and Berehove, as well as the expert organizations the Nyíregyháza Tourist Non-Profit Llc. and the Ukrainian-Hungarian Regional Development Centre in Berehove.
Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine ENI Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
This web-page was produced with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of the Ukrainian-Hungarian Regional Development Centre and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union.
Co-financed by the European Union
- Churches, as monuments of the religious and historical life of the regions
- Civil Forum – a closing event of the “Visegrad civil bridge to Ukraine” project
- Finding, managing and motivating of volunteers
- Working meeting in Warsaw
- Új cikk
- Cooperation between NGOs and municipalities, – the third training session in the frame of the “Visegrad Civil Bridge to Ukraine” project
- Project working meeting in Veszprem, Hungary
- Új cikk
- Fundraising, alternative fundraising – workshop within the project titled „Visegrad Civil Bridge to Ukraine”